Photographer Nader Khouri teases your eyes, tastebuds, and notions about health food.

Photographer Nader Khouri is on a mission to show people the good life and healthy choices are something they can achieve. His passions for food, photography, and holistic living are evident in every shot he takes.

“My life changed by complete chance two decades ago,” Nader recalls. “In college, I read ‘Spontaneous Healing’ by Dr. Andrew Weil and became passionate about living as natural a life as possible. That meant no fast food, no hydrogenated oils, artificial sweeteners, and more colorful vegetables in my diet.”

“I’ve spent the years since learning what it takes to live the most optimally healthy and fulfilling life,” reflects Nader. “I talk a lot about the 80/20 rule—eat a clean diet 80% of the time and then allow yourself some indulgences the other 20%.

Okay, so tell me about the Good Life part? Nader realizes it’s not just about what you eat that’s part of living your best life. His philosophy around his work also includes exercise, having fun, and striving to improve your quality of life.

“I have learned in my own life that part of feeling fulfilled includes getting out there and enjoying exercise and leisure. Staying home all the time and isolating yourself because you are on a strict diet isn’t good either.”

This year, Nader has been able to serve his clients’ needs and advance his message of health and wellness for companies like Hestan Cue Smart Cooking, Mixt, and several esteemed hotels, restaurants and wineries.

Balance. Depth. Detail. Color. It sounds like a life well lived and a photograph well taken. Is that art imitating life or life imitating art? “I can’t imagine separating them,” chuckles Nader, “so I’m not sure it matters.”

If your next project could benefit from Nader’s perspectives on health, get a taste of the rest of his work here. You’ll feel better for it.